MARATHON ELECTRICAL MISSION STATEMENT
Marathon Electrical Contractors, Inc.'s mission is to be the premier provider of electrical contracting services, in the Southeastern United States, committed to delivering quality products and services to our customers, while providing a workplace that stresses growth and improvement in the quality of life for all employees.
We strive to "Be the Best Everyday"
MARATHON ELECTRICAL HIRING POLICIES
Within this page, Marathon Electrical Contractors, Inc. will be known as "the Company".
In order to obtain qualified craftsmen for the Electrical Contracting jobs in Birmingham and surrounding areas with a minimal amount of administrative burden and expense at the job site, the following procedures will apply in hiring persons for these jobs.
1. First preference shall be given to persons who previously worked with the Company. By recruiting persons with whom we have prior experience, we stand a better chance of staffing our jobs with qualified workers who are likely to remain with us through the course of a particular job and be a candidate for transfer to a future job.
2. Second preference for staffing shall be referrals from current employees and other electrical contractors in this area. The company feels that our current employees will refer only those who they feel will do a good job for the company. The company also feels that a referral from another contractor will be an indication of a potential employee's capabilities.
3. To the extent the jobs cannot be staffed fully with persons who have worked previously for the Company, or have been referred as above, applicants will be interviewed through the employment office in Birmingham, Alabama. The Company has experience with the Birmingham Employment Office, and it knows the credentials and experience we are looking for with applicants. Also, by maintaining this hiring function in the Company's headquarters we will minimize the amount of time that a job site superintendent must spend away from the work. At the same time, the Company may accept applications at the home office and interview applicants directly.
4. If steps 1 through 3 are insufficient, the Company may elect to advertise in newspapers for qualified craftsmen and apprentice applications.
5. If we must go to step 4, all persons must apply in person during the specified time of week. Applications will remain active only 30 days after they are completed. If the person is not hired during that time, and is still interested in working for the Company, then he or she must reapply for employment. If an applicant who completed an application cannot be reached after two (2) telephone calls made to the telephone number indicated on the application, then the applicant will be deemed no longer available for employment, and no further efforts will be made to contact that person.
The Company has been, and will continue to be, an equal opportunity employer. To assure full implementation of this policy at our company, we will assure that:
A. Persons are recruited, hired and promoted for all jobs without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex or disability.
B. Placement decisions are based solely on an individual's qualifications in the position being filled.
C. Other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and company sponsored programs and activities are administered without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
D. The Company will not discriminate against any individual because of a physical or mental handicap or because of Vietnam Era/Disabled Veterans status.
It is the policy of our Company to take affirmative action in the employment of qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, Vietnam era and disabled veterans. This will include all employment practices. Reasonable accommodation will be provided whenever possible in our effort to advance employment opportunities for disabled individuals and disabled veterans.
This Company has had a long-standing commitment to provide a work environment free from all forms if sexual harassment by a management or supervisory employee or coworker will result in immediate disciplinary action, including possible termination. It it the responsibility of every employee to bring the Company's attention any evidence of sexual harassment so that the matter can be promptly investigates and appropriate action taken.
If you have a problem related to equal opportunity employment or sexual harassment, we ask that you immediately report the problem to the President of the Company.
I have a strong commitment to equal opportunity and am personally serving as Equal Opportunity Coordinator for this facility. I expect your continued assistance and support in attaining this Company's objective of equal opportunity employment.
MARATHON ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.
Larry D. Argo